LED Stretch

Ask GrowTutor members & staff about LED lighting.
Happyweedz
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

LED Stretch

Post by Happyweedz »

Has anyone figured out how to control the stretch with LED lighting?

A while back, a friend of mine, Rky, suggested something that made a lot of sense to me..but I haven't heard if anyone has tried it.

The thought was to start the 12/12 flower cycle using ONLY the Veg spectrum/settings, then after some time to show sex & flowers to start developing, switch to the full bloom setting on the light.

With my "Restart from seed" journal, here on this site I sorta tried Rky's idea. I ended up with 2 females.... a big and a small.(Germinated in 2 batches about 10 days apart...might be part of the reason for the contrast in size) I killed off the bigger of the two and decided to let the smaller one continue on....so what I have experienced is based on only one plant.

But my little female has stayed little...so far! Just for grins, I flipped this batch of seedlings using the blue spectrum of my 357 Mangum only...and they stayed under the veg lighting, on 12/12, until sex was positively shown. So this one plant got full spectrum only after she was moved out into where I flower. She is still only about 9-10" tall and getting loaded with flowers. We have a few spotted leaves cuz the numbers got out of whack, but we have corrected that and she is showing signs of improvement....and staying relatively small compared with past grows....

Has anyone else tried this?? Is anyone getting ready to flower under LEDs? I don't know if what I am experiencing is a fluke or if we have stumbled onto something?? I hope others will try it soon!

Let's hear your experiences and how you deal with LED Stretch....

Happy
"Fill it, Light it, Shut-up & Close the door!"
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Re: LED Stretch

Post by GrowTutor »

I posted about stretch on the other forums and there are a lot of factors that can influence it, including some of the red spectra. The thing is you won't know if that helps unless you have a baseline to compare it to.
Purpmonkey
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Re: LED Stretch

Post by Purpmonkey »

I will be going into flowering no later than February 14th, by then I should have clones and have sexed the clones. I will keep a couple separate from the ones I sex so that I can start a couple of good mother plants and start a basline for testing purposes. If this batch is anything like the last batch it will be very strong and I had a lot of errors last time. This time however with the addition of herijuana to the skywalker og kush I imagine that it will only increase the potency and possibly lower the flowering time down a bit if I'm lucky. I will say this new breed is super short but we will have to see what happens when I flip to 12/12