E-vape oil?

GrowTutor members & staff share their knowledge of cannabis concentrates & extractions.
Purpmonkey
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

E-vape oil?

Post by Purpmonkey »

So, I live in part of America that legalizes nothing and is last to do about everything. So I only get to hear about new things. Everyone is talking about e-vape thc. Is there a way to make an e-vape liquid at home?

I found lots of people talking about it but nothing seemed like a for sure recipe.
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Re: E-vape oil?

Post by GrowTutor »

It sounds like a concentrated extraction similar to RSO. A quick search shows that the non-thc versions sold are merely nicotine in a nonflammable solvent like polyethylene glycol. :eek:

I'm not the extract expert but I assume you can vaporize RSO too.
PsychedelicSam
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by PsychedelicSam »

Purpmonkey » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:27 pm wrote:So, I live in part of America that legalizes nothing and is last to do about everything. So I only get to hear about new things. Everyone is talking about e-vape thc. Is there a way to make an e-vape liquid at home?

I found lots of people talking about it but nothing seemed like a for sure recipe.
It can be done but it's not the best way to medicate. It's vegetable glycerin/propylene glycol tincture and it's not the best solvent. It's a slow solvent, meaning it takes a long time for it to become viable and getting it strong enough to work in a few puffs is a pain in the butt. Mostly it's used by newer users with low tolerances. I have never heard of a stoner who liked it well enough to use it regularly. It's also good for medical patients who need a maintenance dose while away from home but it's not a major buzz factor. The is no really easy way to make strong enough. It can be done with a solvent transfer from GD. Some try to use BHO but it will only go into suspension and that requires a higher voltage battery to vape the oil particles with the glycerin just being the carrier. The problem with the extra heat is that it can turn the glycerin into acrolein which is carcinogic.

For it to be worthwhile it needs to be at least 3g/oz. Best is to put an ounce of reefer in a jar with 7 ounces of glycerin and let it sit for 3 months. A lot less hassle and it works much better and tastes better. :)
Purpmonkey
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by Purpmonkey »

That's very useful information, I had read about the glycerin but had no Idea if it was heated to hot that it became carcinogenic . I was looking for an easy and discreet way for a maintenance dosage honestly. Something so I can have a full comfortable day with my son. The smoking part is the only thing that bothers him and I won't smoke around him no matter what I feel like
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

Then you want edibles. Very discrete and long lasting and as long as nobody ELSE eats your edibles thinking that they're not meds, you're good. ;)
Purpmonkey
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by Purpmonkey »

Every time I make edibles they end up being way to strong and long lasting....besides that, with my gluten intolerance I really need to figure out something portable and tasty that's gluten free. Well back to where I do my best work the kitchen
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

That's just a matter of getting your dosages right. Do they make gluten free crackers? Is peanut butter gluten free? ;)

OG Firecrackers... :mrgreen:
Purpmonkey
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by Purpmonkey »

There a lot of gluten free products and I own a vitamix so I can process peanut butter myself, I have noticed that the budder seems to be stronger when baked into something. The last batch I made some was put into no bake cookies and didn't seem to have much effect but the oatmeal chocolate toffee cookies were so strong that I ended up sleeping most of the day
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

That was rhetorical... ;)

I'll get Master_Cylinder to post his recipe...or I'll post it for him if he can't.

They require no extraction but they are cooked and since it uses raw cannabis they taste like it but they're small so it's only a few bites to choke one down. If you don't know your dosages make the first batch with less material or only eat 1/2 of one and give it an hour. Adjust as needed... ;)
Happyweedz
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by Happyweedz »

PM, sounds like you and I live in at least similar states..... Around here we had shops selling nothing but out of state lottery tickets until they realized how much $$$ they were losing to neighboring states and then decided a lottery might be ok!!

I am sure weed will be the same deal around here...lol

And if your edibles are too strong I'll trade ya...I usually wish I had made mine a little stronger.

Happy
"Fill it, Light it, Shut-up & Close the door!"