hemivette; back for more

Please, introduce yourself here.
Heisenberg
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Re: hemivette; back for more

Post by Heisenberg »

Nice to have you Hemi. Thanks for amazing 39day pics just fabulous. Would the vette by chance have a 427 in it?
hemivette
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by hemivette »

Heisenberg » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:13 pm wrote:Nice to have you Hemi. Thanks for amazing 39day pics just fabulous. Would the vette by chance have a 427 in it?
Lol, thanks brother! Good to have you aboard. The car is a 350, 4 speed car. Been planning on doing an LS swap, but with the tumor, I'm not as fast as I used to be. I'm actually considering taking a loss on it, and getting a newer one with the LS motor. This car is sweet, and I am not sure, but I think it might be worth more, being unmolested. Peace! h
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

Unmolested? I thought you did some rear end upgrades on that? ;)
hemivette
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by hemivette »

Ya, I have done some tasteful upgrades. The bushings in the rear were shot, when I got it. Ive been a drag racer since before I was old enough to drive lol, so I knew some upgrades could really improve the ride. If you know anything about vette suspensions, (stiff as hell) you know theres room for improvement. Mine has the z51 handling package, and in 84 it was the stiffest to date, and still is. By changing it to the Heim joint rear, it aloud the rear to articulate like its supposed to, thus making the ride improvement, day, and night. Ive also done some under the hood improvements, like porting, and polishing the crossfire, and an aluminum radiator, but nothing visual, (still looks like it came from the factory) and Ive also done sound deadening, and a stereo upgrades, but everything is in stock appearance, (other than the wheels, off an 04' vette) and can be put back with ease. I did change the stereo to a double din model, so if you wanted to go back, it would require a new bezel. ($50 bucks on ebay)

So, ya I guess when Im talking to car guys, I say its "tastefully molested". (Meaning its been improved upon, but you have to be a purist/clairvoyant to know) Most people dont know too much about cars, so I dont go to deep unless people ask. I do have all the old parts to put it back to stock if wanted, heres some more pics. h
vette 1st day 024.JPG
vette 1st day 024.JPG (1.15 MiB) Viewed 22651 times
buffed vette 010.JPG
buffed vette 010.JPG (814.58 KiB) Viewed 22651 times
V int gutted 005.JPG
V int gutted 005.JPG (178.87 KiB) Viewed 22651 times
FatMat 2 001.JPG
FatMat 2 001.JPG (227.38 KiB) Viewed 22651 times
FatMat 2 007.JPG
FatMat 2 007.JPG (266.92 KiB) Viewed 22651 times
Vette pad 024.JPG
Vette pad 024.JPG (224.96 KiB) Viewed 22651 times
Vette pad 025.JPG
Vette pad 025.JPG (197.49 KiB) Viewed 22651 times
finished vette rearend 032.JPG
finished vette rearend 032.JPG (212.35 KiB) Viewed 22651 times
finished vette rearend 037.JPG
finished vette rearend 037.JPG (169.24 KiB) Viewed 22651 times
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

My mother had a new '82 with the crossfire FI but evidently that first year had a lot of lemons.

There's *nothing* wrong with a few upgrades and polishing/chroming makes it go faster as every car guy knows. :lol:
hemivette
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by hemivette »

Lol, ya thats the OCD in me! About 40hrs of polishing while I was waiting for new parts. All the aluminum parts got polished, and the steel, and underneath got "Lizardskin" sound deadener, and painted black satin. Most of the crossfire cars had problems, due to there throttle shafts wearing out. (including mine) With new bronze bushings and porting the manifold, the CF's actually are faster, and flowed better than the tuned port that the next 10 yrs had. They werent really lemons, they just needed some understanding. h

A couple before rearend pics. All stock parts, just a lot of time in front of a buffing wheel.
rod boots 037.JPG
rod boots 037.JPG (1.16 MiB) Viewed 22650 times
rod boots 038.JPG
rod boots 038.JPG (1.23 MiB) Viewed 22650 times
rod boots 041.JPG
rod boots 041.JPG (1.17 MiB) Viewed 22650 times
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

Too bad the dealerships/factory didn't figure that out right away because we ended up making them take it back under the state lemon-law, it wouldn't idle worth a damn and it stalled a lot. It was a nice car when it ran right, I know I had my foot in it more than once. ;)
40Yearsmoker
GrowTutor Prospect

Post by 40Yearsmoker »

Nice Pictures
Heisenberg
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by Heisenberg »

hemivette » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:46 pm wrote:I do do BBQ pizza.
Great looking crust gotta recipe? :beer:
hemivette
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by hemivette »

Lol, Not really. I get the dough for the crust, and sauce pre-made from Winco, then just add what I want. Fresh Garlic in sauce, Sausage, Pepperoni, Canadian bacon, and olives. The biggest thing is to use quality ingredients, especially the CHEESE! I like a combo of freshly grated Mozzerella, Asiago, and shredded Parmisan Peace. h