DIY rDWC system

Teach or learn.
rkymtnman
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Re: DIY rDWC system

Post by rkymtnman »

that's the "R" in RDWC. it's connected to my main pump in the control tub. what goes into the lid is basically a 90deg pvc elbow. the sprayer end is just a pvc end cap with about 10 small holes drilled in it. i think there is a pic previously in the journal. but it sprays really well. i read that a waterfall/sprayer is better for DO in my res vs. airstones. so i have both. 2 airstones per airpump in each tub plus the sprayer.
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

No, the bigger droopy one in the back-right... ;)
rkymtnman
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by rkymtnman »

gotcha. my bad. it's a 3 inch fresh air inlet. connected to a 12 v bilge blower and then the inlet is actually a bathroom exhaust fan outlet on the side of my house. not using it now. put it in for when i get the HPS running if i need to get some cooler outside air in. thought that i could run my HPS at nite (in the summer) and would have some cool nitetime air to bring in to keep temps down.
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

You know that if you shorten that hose and remove the sharp u-turn it'll have more airflow, right? 3" isn't much for a HPS hood anyway, most are 6-8 inches.
rkymtnman
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by rkymtnman »

when i do use it, the end of it will be on the floor under the tubs. i have a 6 inch inline fan to exhaust the HPS thru a cool tube. the 3 inch is just to bring some fresh air in.
rkymtnman
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by rkymtnman »

and i bought a .5A, .75A and 1.0A 120V to 12VDC transformers to control the speed of the bilge blower. just swap some wire and i have a 3 speed bilge blower
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

Does the 6" inline exhaust also have a 6" intake for the cool tube or are you using the intake side of the cool tube to remove the heat from the grow room? With a larger exhaust than the intake you'll end up with negative pressure, assuming that the rest of the room is fairly air tight.
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

If the 6" inline is on it's own air circuit the the 3" pumping air in could cause positive pressure if the room exhaust isn't as big or bigger. I actually like positive pressure for grow rooms because it helps keep the bugs out. :thumbup:
rkymtnman
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by rkymtnman »

that part i haven't figured out yet. i was going to use the other end of the cool tube "open" when i first get the HPS going and see how it works. the room is not air tight at all so i shouldn't have to worry about the negative pressure.
rkymtnman
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by rkymtnman »

just a quick update:
end of week 4 of Veg and first day of 12/12
end of 4th week veg/begin 12/12
end of 4th week veg/begin 12/12
IMG_6791.jpg (298.79 KiB) Viewed 19303 times