DIY rDWC system

Teach or learn.
rkymtnman
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Re: DIY rDWC system

Post by rkymtnman »

I'll see if I can get in there right before lights on one of these days.
rkymtnman
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by rkymtnman »

Just a quick update. Day 66. Tons of trichs. Mostly clear still. Some cloudy and a few amber here and there. Ordered this and should be here Monday.

http://esteal.com/Detail/400697496362?c ... mid=235290

I'll put some pix up after I get it setup. I'm guessing I can save screenshots with it. My little RadioShack pocket microscope is not getting it done. or my eyesight is getting worse. or both.
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

For 26 bucks it's worth a shot. I've been looking at similar scopes/cameras, my eyes are going too... ;)
rkymtnman
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by rkymtnman »

I tried to post a pic from the new scope but it gave me an error of PHP something or other. I tried it first in a bitmap and got a red error message that bitmaps are not allowed. So I resaved as jpeg and that is when I got the PHP error screen. Any ideas what the problem is?

It does take a pretty good pic.
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

It looks like it's related to other recent bugs during the server move at my host to increase security. I've opened a ticket, sorry about the delay... :(

How did you hold it still to get the image? ;)
rkymtnman
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by rkymtnman »

it comes with a stand that is multi adjustable. i didn't read the fine print though. not windows 8 compatible. luckily my desktop is win 7.
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

Yeah but what do you put the stand on near the flowers on your plants...or do you just cut off a sample and bring it to the desk?

Sometimes updated drivers are available for win8 support, better to check first though. ;)
rkymtnman
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by rkymtnman »

the second. just snip a sugar leaf and bring it to the computer desk. Now that I have to hook it to my desktop, I lose the mobility of having it hooked up to my laptop. Or I need a 50 ft USB cable.

I don't think I could hold it steady enough by hand. Reminds me of Blazing Saddles: "... but this is the hand I shoot with!"
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

Yeah, small samples like that won't hurt anything, I've always liked checking on the plant rather than off but I have to admit that's a little overboard. If I could get a good stable shot, on the plant, I'd still prefer it but I'm not as steady as I was and my eyes are going too. There's something to be said for simplicity. ;)

"It's twooo, it's TWOOO!!!" :lol:
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

OK, try again please. I hope they fixed it... :(