My restart from seed

Medical Marijuana Journals go here.
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Re: My restart from seed

Post by GrowTutor »

How many cuttings are you going to take per plant?
Happyweedz
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by Happyweedz »

GrowTutor » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:13 am wrote:How many cuttings are you going to take per plant?
I am thinking about 2-4 clips per plant. Figure if half turn out male and a few don't make it, this will still give me plenty of "mother stock" to choose from.

Happy
"Fill it, Light it, Shut-up & Close the door!"
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

I'd go at least 4 just incase you have issues rooting some of your clones too, but YMMV... :D
Happyweedz
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by Happyweedz »

Thanx!

In that case, I may just give them at least an extra week.

I checked them over closely at lunch.. The nute change seems to have helped. But while checking them over I was counting possibilities....and the smallest is small and bushy...a lot of growth but not spread out enough to take any clips!

Happy
SisterMaryElephant
GrowTutor Site Admin

Post by SisterMaryElephant »

You've certainly learned a little patience...or you have good meds.

Isn't it much less stressful to have the "go with it" attitude rather than the "are we there yet" 'tude?

Yeah give it a week and if you feel it needs another, next week, give it another. They're ready when they're ready.

That does, however, highlight the importance of strain selection. When you get one that does what you want/need/like - marry it. Cut it, root it, veg it (as desired), and flower it...over and over and over...on cruise control. Less stress is good. :D
I also run a medical grow consulting business in SoCal.
Happyweedz
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by Happyweedz »

Yea, a little of both... :lol: LEARNED being the key word!!

Plus I still have a comfortable amount from the last harvest....which I am still enjoying. But when I fire some of it up I recall the "bought" AK & WW in the past...and the trip to the moon after 2-3 tokes!!!

That is what I am after. But I didn't achieve that.....

I spent a lot of $$$ (for me)....all at once. To put together what I thought was a top-shelf system...in order to grow some top-shelf weed...just add water & go! The results of the first run were "OK", but not what this system should be able to produce and not the quality that I was expecting!

I still believe the system I put together has great potential...I paid a lot!! So now it comes down to improving the weakest link in my system.....ME!

And I'm trying.....

Happy 8-)
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

Don't be so hard on yourself, you're doing fine. You are learning and becoming more comfortable, that's part of upping your game and your results. You'll see.

It does take time though, there are no "just add water" systems that a new grower can yank out huge yields of top-shelf flowers. Some get luckier than others. We can, however, help you learn and tweak your system/style until you get where you want to be. :D
Happyweedz
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by Happyweedz »

Yup....I think you hit the nail on the head!! I have been learning(thanx to some cool, friendly ppl online! ;) ) and with that knowledge has come some comfort. Last grow everything was new...and I knew very little. There was a lot of self-imposed pressure to do well....and I thought that if I held my number tight I would do well.....yea, I know!!

But it did help me to develop a "range" for my numbers, where I saw my plants thrive...So now, as long as my numbers are in that range that I am comfy with, I don't freak out!!

I figure as long as I keep learning and applying what I learn to the next grow it will keep getting better until I reach my goal...and I will get there....with a lil help!! LOL

Happy
Happyweedz
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by Happyweedz »

Well time for an update on the babies....

They are getting bigger & the new growth all looks good & green. Some of the bigger leaves still look pretty nasty, but it seems isolated to the older, bigger leaves, mainly on 2 plants...(front left of overall pic).

I am noticing little differences in the plants. For instance the plant in the upper left of the overall pic seems to have thinner leaves than the others...
Overall, I think they are doing good. But I think I am gonna give them another week before looking to clone.

Here is a few pics of the group as of today..

Happy
Attachments
100_4630.jpg
100_4630.jpg (256.02 KiB) Viewed 14857 times
100_4629.jpg
100_4629.jpg (254.73 KiB) Viewed 14857 times
Happyweedz
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by Happyweedz »

Last evening I decided I had waited long enough to take clippings from my seedlings. As usual, there is one that is smaller, and I was only able to get 2 clips and still have a plant...lol. With the other 5 plants, I was able to get 4 clips from each.

I plan to give the clippings 12 hours of dark so they can adjust to the cloner, and then I will start them with 18 hours of light, per day, with a T5 fixture.

I finished shortly before lights out so some pics will follow later.

The "Salvage" grow has gone past the calendar date, but is looking amazing!! Still not at 50% cloudy yet!

Happy!