Post by GrowTutor »

Progress... ;)
Happyweedz
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Re: My restart from seed

Post by Happyweedz »

Yup, even if it is little by little...

When I cut the clips, I prep'd them, and after cutting the stem at a 45 deg angle I dipped them into Clonex gel before putting them into their collar in the cloner. The cloner has a manifold mounted on a submersible pump that has 12 sprayer on it. I use about half the suggested mix of Clonex solution in the water.

I have tagged each clipping and the plant it came from with a colored band, loosely around the bases. Each set has it's own color, so there should be no confusion when it comes to which clone belongs to which plant! For the plants that sex male it will be easy to eliminate that plants clones.

After giving them about 15 hours of darkness in the cloner to adjust , I have put the T5 over them. I am going to start them out with 18 hours of light per day.

I am thinking about giving the butchered, bigger plants 3-5 days to heal before flipping them to 12/12 lighting so I can see what I have....I do not intend to let them finish....

:| GT??? :D

Happy
Attachments
Here is what is left of the butchered babies....lol
Here is what is left of the butchered babies....lol
100_4665.jpg (287.21 KiB) Viewed 16483 times
Here are the clippings, as I was adding the light.
Here are the clippings, as I was adding the light.
100_4683.jpg (188.4 KiB) Viewed 16483 times
"Fill it, Light it, Shut-up & Close the door!"
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

3-5 days after taking cuttings is fine.

Keep on keeping on... ;)
Happyweedz
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by Happyweedz »

Not much happening with the clips yet. Keeping them cool, sprayed, lit 18 hours a day. All except one clipping from the smallest plant look like they are doing fine, but no roots yet.

The plants the clippings were taken from started showing little bumps at the nodes, so I flipped them to 12/12 last night...maybe they are mature enough to start showing their sex?? Hopefully in a week or so I will know what clippings are worth keeping.

This hobby does teach patience....lol I am waiting to know sex, I'm waiting to see roots, and I'm sittin back, waiting & watching some sweet looking buds swell to where the stems won't hold em up....and I am waiting... hahahaha

Happy
"Fill it, Light it, Shut-up & Close the door!"
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

Yeah, it'll take more time to root and for the others to lift their skirts. You can use string to support the heavier flowers, it's like the opposite of LST... ;)
hemivette
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by hemivette »

A couple tips if I may? 1st, clones can take anywhere from 5-14 days, (depending on the strain) and its a good idea to clean your cloner with bleach after each use, or they will take longer. Next, when taking clones for hydro, your final cut should be straight. (45* for dirt) And finally, dont ever spray them. You want them to root, and search for food, and water, (by rooting) not absorb it through its leaves.

When you remove them from the cloner, go straight into the net pots. (No rockwool) I just set the cutting in the bottom of the pot, then fill it with clay. This way the roots are out of the pots within a day or two, instead of a week. Also they do make neoprene that fit your netpots. I use them even with the clay. Its not a good idea to expose the roots to light at anytime. Lastly, dont always be fooled by what looks like mildew. I have lots of white stains on my neoprene's, and what it is, is salt from the nutes. Hope some of this helps you. Peace! h
WW n Ace 1 013.JPG
WW n Ace 1 013.JPG (124.04 KiB) Viewed 16474 times
WW n Ace 1 016.JPG
WW n Ace 1 016.JPG (148.9 KiB) Viewed 16474 times
hemivette
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by hemivette »

Oh ya, and if I do ever use rockwool, (I hate the stuff) like you were told earlier. I bury it as deep as possible. There are new mediums that work much better. h

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sure-to-Grow-6- ... 3cd6dad704
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

I'm not sold on the STG medium; to me it's about the same as RW. It'll work for growing, like RW does, but it still holds too much water and can't be recycled easily nor composted. If "they" came up with a RW/STG type medium that could be composted I'd consider it. I like to compost my harvest left-overs and my worms have glaucoma so it's win-win.
hemivette
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by hemivette »

Lol. I never considered the poor worms. File that one under "Medical Expenses"! :lol:

Good to know! Ive never actually used STG myself, just heard you dont have the PH issues that you get from rockwool, or other mediums. Which seems to be the main issue I had with it. Im too much of a cheapass anyway. I use dirt for my moms, and they sit in their space for days, without any attention. :lol: h
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

GH RapidRooters, for starting clones or seeds, are reasonably priced, no pH issues and you can compost them. If you use a cloner that has the neoprene inserts you can often skip the RR for clones. :D