minimum proof for alcohol

GrowTutor members & staff share their knowledge of cannabis concentrates & extractions.
rkymtnman
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

minimum proof for alcohol

Post by rkymtnman »

hi all,
just a really simple question: i have about 6 plastic jars that used to hold weed and now have a really nice sticky coating of resin/kief in them. can i rinse them out with regular vodka 80 proof or do i need to use everclear 190 proof? once they have been all rinsed, i was gonna let the alcohol sit for a few days and then make myself a really strong martini.
thanks,RKY
rkymtnman
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Re: minimum proof for alcohol

Post by rkymtnman »

oh yeah, GT, the link for "how to make POTKA" in overgrow section is not working.
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

80 proof should work for that, it's just watered down a bit to get a specific %.

Yeah some of the old FAQ links are dead, they weren't archived correctly but that's the way I got them.
rkymtnman
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by rkymtnman »

one thread on potka i found said to sit it in the window to keep it warm so more of it extracts. and then another thread said to keep it dark because light degrades thc. which is correct?
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

Light and heat both degrades THC but the heat will help extract more of it quicker too. The trick is not too much heat which you can still do without a window full of light. You were just planning on using it to clean the containers and make 1 drink though, right? That should be fairly quick since you're not extracting it from actual plant matter. Add vodka, shake well, maybe let it set for an hour, and drain. Enjoy your drink... :bgrin:
rkymtnman
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by rkymtnman »

that's exactly what i wanted to make. a mar-thc-ini. with blue cheese stuffed olives.
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

I'm not sure how potent it will be but it'll be more potent than without rinsing those containers. Give it a shot... ;)
Heisenberg
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by Heisenberg »

I for one look forward to a full mar-thc-ini progress report. Pics pls close-up if possible. Estimate total surface area if possible. Rinse twice!