Current locally purchased herbal meds

Medical Marijuana Conversations.
Purpmonkey
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Current locally purchased herbal meds

Post by Purpmonkey »

Here is a place to put up pictures and information about your current herbal meds.

Whether it is information from a dispensary, from the supplier or even just the name you were told and what information you could find about the strain.

Examples of useful information

What did it smell like?
Was it dense or fluffy?
Was it harsh?
What was the duration?
Was it a body high or a head high?
Would you grow the strain?

Anything that you noticed,enjoyed and what ailment it seemed to help can always be useful information to someone who is new to marijuana or caregivers.
Purpmonkey
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Re: Current locally purchased herbal meds

Post by Purpmonkey »

This is supposed to be grand daddy purple but I have no way of actually knowing.

It smells like blueberries and citrus.
It is harsh going down, seems to expand a lot in the lungs which can be painful if your not careful.
It has a light body high with a strong head high after about 30 minutes.
The nugs are rock hard with very little leaf to bud ratio. It does not look to be hand manicured.
Mostly medium colas averaging about 3 inches long.
I'm not sure I would buy this again as it did not help my insomnia.
Although I'm not sure if it is grand daddy purple it is what I was told
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (627.02 KiB) Viewed 9002 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (290.06 KiB) Viewed 9002 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (585.81 KiB) Viewed 9002 times
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

Unfortunately, that's one of the bad things about the culture. Unscrupulous people will name anything whatever the popular names are just to make an extra buck. GDP is one of those names but that doesn't mean what you got wasn't GDP either. That it didn't turn purple could be environmental. That it was harsh could just be a bad cure.

Even buying seeds from allegedly reputable seed banks you can end up with something other than you thought you bought (just ask Happy) sometimes. When buying from anyone other than known sources the best you can hope for is that the quality is worth what you paid. Some of the best stuff I've ever had was supposed to be Thai, was it really from Thailand? I don't know. Does it matter now? Nope. So that's the real question; does the name matter or is it something else that really counts? ;)

If this was meant to just be a strain guide or "look what I got" topic, I'm not trying to hijack it but sometimes you can't go by names; what was called one name in one place might be called something else in another place and even the same genetics can turn out different depending on how well it was grown and cured. [/end rant]
40Yearsmoker
GrowTutor Prospect

Post by 40Yearsmoker »

I agree. Nice rant by the way.
I currently work as a Patient Consultant with a locally owned and operated delivery service. I know from personal experience how much time and effort is put into strain identification. We do our best not to misrepresent our products in any way. That being said, mistakes still happen.