Smoothness

Ask GrowTutor members & staff about harvesting, curing and storage of your crops.
FCG-Frank
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Smoothness

Post by FCG-Frank »

What exactly commands the smoothness of smoke/vapor beyond genetic traits?

I only vaporize, and filter through a bubbler. I can't even roll. Smoker friends hate vaporizers, they're hardwired to think vapor density correlates with potency, so they dislike the experience.

Recently, I grew a pound of Kali Mist, which was beyond delicious, but above all, it was smooth as hell. Vaporized and filtered, I could take massive hits without any coughing or irritation. Then once the Kali Mist was gone, I acquired some Purple Kush that I did not grow myself, so cannot attest to the curing method.

But it made me cough. A lot. It didn't matter how much I filtered it or how low the heat on the vape was, it made me cough every hit. Even after three months of curing in a jar, the batch still made me cough.

As far as I know, the grower was experienced, but I couldn't question him.

I am aware some cannabinoids have expectorant effects so different strains may affect people different, but I thought this much coughing was neither pleasant or normal.
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Re: Smoothness

Post by GrowTutor »

Good question...

While there is debate, I feel it's all about the drying and curing, aside from the obvious genetic dispositions. The other side of the debate claims flushing is needed but that's not backed up by my experience.

If somebody put a gun to my head and told me to roll one, I'd be dead...or VERY lucky. ;)