Green Dragon Extraction

GrowTutor members & staff share their knowledge of cannabis concentrates & extractions.
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Re: Green Dragon Extraction

Post by GrowTutor »

Time will tell... ;)
PsychedelicSam
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by PsychedelicSam »

FCG-Frank » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:12 am wrote:Thanks for sharing! I hope you feel better soon.

I've begun the process, very excited to try this out. This should come in handy on my red eye (pun intended). Why upgrade to business class for comfortable seats when you can sleep in a coma in coach? :D

Assuming sublingual administration and an agave mixture, how quickly should I expect effects? And Since I've been vaping about 2g a day for over a year and a half, I have quite the tolerance. Do you still recommend 2ml per dose?

I am dreading the 15min shake part... I really wish I had a sonicator for this. I've used them plenty of times in the lab before, but I have no idea how much they cost. Surely there is no better tool for this.
I tried to catch up this morning but the site went down. I have to go to the PO then I'll try again. :)
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

Yeah, it's shared hosting and the server was attacked so it got filtered for a while, taking us down too... :roll:
PsychedelicSam
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by PsychedelicSam »

FCG-Frank » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:12 am wrote:Thanks for sharing! I hope you feel better soon.

I've begun the process, very excited to try this out. This should come in handy on my red eye (pun intended). Why upgrade to business class for comfortable seats when you can sleep in a coma in coach? :D

Assuming sublingual administration and an agave mixture, how quickly should I expect effects? And Since I've been vaping about 2g a day for over a year and a half, I have quite the tolerance. Do you still recommend 2ml per dose?

I am dreading the 15min shake part... I really wish I had a sonicator for this. I've used them plenty of times in the lab before, but I have no idea how much they cost. Surely there is no better tool for this.
You should start feeling the agave within a few minutes after using sublingually. If your GD is just a few drop potency then I don't recommend more than a ml, probably half that at first. It will be much different than vaping and last a lot longer.

You don't have to shake the full fifteen minutes as long as it's well agitated, 5 or 10 will suffice. :)
PsychedelicSam
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by PsychedelicSam »

FCG-Frank » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:36 am wrote:I won't have time to do the full 24 hours soak each time, so my extraction won't be as good.

Finding 190 proof alcohol turned out more difficult and Im leaving in two days.
You don't do a 24 hour soak, just 4 hours after mixing the reefer and alcohol after each has sat separately for 24 hours. That 4 hours is flexible. An hour is fine, just doesn't extract as much of the other plant compounds. Strain the material and put it back in the freezer separately from the fresh alcohol for another 24 hours or in your case 12hrs if you can since you're on a tight schedule. Mix, shake, soak an hour if possible in the freezer then strain it, filter both runs and reduce to desired potency. You will still have an exceptional extraction.

At this point, transfer to the agave and evaporate off the alcohol. As the alcohol gets low you're going to see a thick, sticky dark oil layer on the top and it will stick to the sides. This is normal. Leave it on low heat, stirring occasionally and scraping the sides. It will suddenly clear up, stir it and remove it from the heat. :)
FCG-Frank
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by FCG-Frank »

How many passes does it usually take to extract everything? You suggest two, Heisenberg said three... I suppose four is overkill?

As for the elusive amber bottles and droppers, I couldn't find empty ones, but these were on sale 4$ a pop. 30mL flasks and the dropper is included, I thought I'd simply dump the content and replace it with my elixir. The label will make it look even more inconspicuous :clap:

This 1.14L bottle cost me 64$. Alcohol is so expensive here, I miss my days in Germany.
Last edited by FCG-Frank on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

I'm sure there is a point of diminished return. If you have time you could try more but you won't have anything to compare it to so maybe 2 or 3 for this batch and try 3 or 4 next time to see if it's better.
FCG-Frank
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by FCG-Frank »

Sadly I'll only have time to do two passes and for the second pass they'll only be sitting separately for 12 hours.
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

That should still get the job done.

What state(s) are you visiting?
FCG-Frank
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by FCG-Frank »

Vegas :)