GTEL (E-Liquid) Experiments

GrowTutor members & staff share their knowledge of cannabis concentrates & extractions.
PsychedelicSam
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Re: GTEL (E-Liquid) Experiments

Post by PsychedelicSam »

I thought it sounded like you were trying to transfer it. 151 is pretty lousy for that. Let me see if I have this right. You made some 151 GD. How? Did you soak it or did you soak it in vg/pg? I seem to be missing something here. Depending on the answer, you have different factors at play. I have left 40g of trim soaking in 8 ounces of vg for 4 months and it worked great in the vape pen without any other additives and tasted great. There should be none of the things you describe. If you did a solvent transfer to the blend then when it's finished, it has to sit and cure for about 2 weeks in order for the suspension to turn into a solution. It's worthless in the pen before that.

Of course, there's more to it than that but it will suffice for now. :)
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

I did several things. I made 151 GD (GTGD using the method linked) then I tried to transfer the GTGD into a 50/50 VG/PG mix and reduce the alcohol and water out but that failed miserably.

The second GTEL experimental batch was just soaking a volume of ground material in VG/PG for several months. That's the one I've been testing for 2 days. I can't say that I'm impressed with the potency; the GTGD came out better. I'll add pictures though.
I think I started with a gram or two in a 15-ml e-liquid bottle with VG/PG covering the material.
I cut the top off to make it easier to strain.
About 7-ml of GTEL#2 ready to be bottled.
Done.
Dry dripper. :thumbdown:
Wet dripper. :thumbup:

Taste is only fair and I even added a couple of drops of Cappella flavoring to it; the aftertaste kind of reminds me of dry Captain Crunch cereal. Potency - lacking in the amount that I vape. I need to further concentrate it, imho.
Heisenberg
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by Heisenberg »

Any noticeable taste differences upon sitting so long? Taste-buds can be so imprecise...might I suggest a few tries over a period of a few days between? A food scientist might say to give a rating of 0-10 for numerous subjective assessments, e.g. bitterness...might I suggest sweetness, flavour, acidity, smoothness, aftertaste longevity to name a few. I'm thinking of wine-tasting niceties

dime-a-dozen