Pros and cons...

Discuss the Pros & Cons of Cannabis use/abuse.
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Pros and cons...

Post by GrowTutor »

I'll start with the obvious.

Pros:
It's medicine for many...
It's relaxing...
It's enjoyable...

Cons:
It does alter the perception of reality...
Smoking anything can be bad for your lungs...
Too much can cause anxiety...

Your turn!
SisterMaryElephant
GrowTutor Site Admin

Re: Pros and cons...

Post by SisterMaryElephant »

Good news! No, it's not! Yes, it is! Quit arguing with me! OK, you're right, it *IS* good news! ;)

Harvard: Marijuana Doesn’t Cause Schizophrenia
Good news for people who’ve worried that smoking too much marijuana (cannabis) — especially as a teenager — might lead to some dramatic problems in the future, even schizophrenia.

New research from Harvard Medical School, in a comparison between families with a history of schizophrenia and those without, finds little support for marijuana use as a cause of schizophrenia.

“The results of the current study suggest that having an increased familial morbid risk for schizophrenia may be the underlying basis for schizophrenia in cannabis users and not cannabis use by itself,” note the researchers.
Read the rest at psychcentral.com :D
I also run a medical grow consulting business in SoCal.
Happyweedz
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by Happyweedz »

Under the CONS....

It is against the law in way too many places!!!

Happy
"Fill it, Light it, Shut-up & Close the door!"
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

Good catch, another is "the munchies" can cause weight gain (which *could* also be a pro) that can lead to health issues. ;)
Happyweedz
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by Happyweedz »

Yea, I can see the munchies fitting into both.....

For some a blessing, for others a curse..
"Fill it, Light it, Shut-up & Close the door!"
40Yearsmoker
GrowTutor Prospect

Post by 40Yearsmoker »

Pros:
I have been able to stop using all perscription poisons err medications
Cons:
That people have to pay for it
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

I don't think that having to pay for something useful is necessarily a con but it can get expensive... ;)
PsychedelicSam
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by PsychedelicSam »

As far as I'm concerned there are only pros and no cons. There's no reason it should cost as much as it does other than greed but that's not a con about marijuana, more a statement about life in general. ;)
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

No cons? That's deluded, intellectually dishonest or exaggeration at best. You just got through whining about the price; how can that not be a con even if you disagree with with the other cons?

Please don't tell me you're one of those "it's just a plant" guys...

You don't see anyone paying 500/oz for rose petals so it must be worth it for MJ or they wouldn't. Would it be nice if it were as cheap? Of course, but it never will be, retail, because it's not the same thing. When the laws change so will risk and costs.

Once it's legalized a person will be able to grow their own, outdoors, for whatever it costs for their supplies and other expenses but then they have to make sure that nobody steals their crop like any other farmer. Big farms will be able to grow more cost effectively than small farmers, just like most.

I'm a capitalist, I don't think it's all about greed. Not that greed doesn't exist or that nobody takes advantage of the free market but, overall, if it wasn't worth it, the prices would be lower. Like the price of a Yugo when they came out or like the price of roses.
PsychedelicSam
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by PsychedelicSam »

GrowTutor wrote:No cons? That's deluded, intellectually dishonest or exaggeration at best. You just got through whining about the price; how can that not be a con even if you disagree with with the other cons?

Please don't tell me you're one of those "it's just a plant" guys...

You don't see anyone paying 500/oz for rose petals so it must be worth it for MJ or they wouldn't. Would it be nice if it were as cheap? Of course, but it never will be, retail, because it's not the same thing. When the laws change so will risk and costs.

Once it's legalized a person will be able to grow their own, outdoors, for whatever it costs for their supplies and other expenses but then they have to make sure that nobody steals their crop like any other farmer. Big farms will be able to grow more cost effectively than small farmers, just like most.

I'm a capitalist, I don't think it's all about greed. Not that greed doesn't exist or that nobody takes advantage of the free market but, overall, if it wasn't worth it, the prices would be lower. Like the price of a Yugo when they came out or like the price of roses.
I am one of those people, always have been and always will be. I'm not deluded but price is not a con of cannabis since it is only a plant and can't set its own. The only cons come from other things. There's nothing wrong with being a capitalist although I've never been very good at it. My gripe for that is gouging which is what is happening with cannabis in the USA. You say you've never heard of anyone paying $500 for roses so obviously you aren't paying attention to Valentine's Day and the specialty flower market. Prices for those plummet after their special seasons but not reefer. It keeps going and going and going. Don't tell me that marijuana farmers aren't greedy. Not all but many. I personally have known a number of them. I have always been involved with the culture. The culture has it's own cons but not cannabis, unless you have an allergy or other reason. For me, though, I'll double down and say there are no cons. I'm being true to myself and that's all that matters. :nod: