DIY rDWC system

Teach or learn.
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Re: DIY rDWC system

Post by GrowTutor »

rkymtnman » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:49 pm wrote:oh yeah, GT, i forgot. can you change the subject to DIY rDWC system? i couldn't figure out how to edit the original subject. thanks!
Will do but replies will need to be edited too... at least if they quote a post with the old subject.
rkymtnman
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by rkymtnman »

pump to grow tubs
pump to grow tubs
IMG_6773.jpg (279.36 KiB) Viewed 19245 times
5/8 line to each showehead
5/8 line to each showehead
IMG_6774.jpg (178.75 KiB) Viewed 19245 times
showerhead pvc fitting
showerhead pvc fitting
IMG_6775.jpg (111 KiB) Viewed 19245 times
grow tubs after paint job
grow tubs after paint job
IMG_6776.jpg (189.44 KiB) Viewed 19245 times
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

If you paint them white they'll stay a little cooler and reflect what little light gets through back up. ;)
rkymtnman
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by rkymtnman »

yeah, i actually have 2 pieces of panda film with cutouts for the netpots. white side up. the paint is just to give me extra protection.

that spray paint that bonds to plastic is pretty cool. it adheres very well. i remember trying to use regular paint years ago and it was horrible on plastic
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

That'll work... :thumbup:

Someday they'll invent paint that sticks to air and you'll see 3d graffiti hovering in mid-air. :lolno:
rkymtnman
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by rkymtnman »

Ok folks, after a long hiatus, we are back growing with my new system.

Picked up 4 clones Feb 8: 2 Chiesel and 2 Neville's Abusive Wreck. Both indica dominant hybrids and roughly a 9 week flower period.

Just using a mix of RO and well water with Dutchmaster Zone for my root zone additive. One nice thing about this new system is that my res temps are in the low to mid 60's without using the chiller (so far at least).

I'll put some pix up soon....
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

With a larger reservoir it can handle more of a heat load. Keep an eye on it though; it could creep up on you. ;)
hemivette
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by hemivette »

Welcome back! You can also wrap your tubs in silver reflective bubble wrap. I got it at homedepot, and stuck it with spray contact. Also in summer, you can freeze 2ltr bottles, and drop them in. As long as you keep it below 65, they will be happy. Also, keeping the res cool, allows them to with stand higher room temps in summer. :thumbup: h
rkymtnman
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by rkymtnman »

thanks hemi. i'm too lazy to wrap 3 tubs with anything. only the tops are an issue: the rest is black. two coats of black and then white.

i have a chiller already and i'm sure it will get above where it should be at some point and i'll have to crank it up. that is the one thing that I wish I did when if first started growing: buy a chiller. they are a must have for DWC. and would have saved a lot of hassles with root rot.
hemivette
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by hemivette »

Ya, IMO a chiller is a must in hydro. It's too hard to keep it cool, even at a 75 degree room temp. Best of luck to you brother. .h