Homemade Canna-Molasses Cookies

GrowTutor members and staff share recipes for yummy cannabis edibles.
PsychedelicSam
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Homemade Canna-Molasses Cookies

Post by PsychedelicSam »

Canna-Molasses Cookies
Molasses cookies.jpg
Molasses cookies.jpg (107.5 KiB) Viewed 13166 times
Ingredients
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted canna-butter
3/8 cup molasses
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 cups white flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Cream butter in a mixer or food processor.

Add molasses and sugar to creamed butter and mix well. Then add the egg, mix well, and set aside.

Combine the flour with the salt, cinnamon, ginger and salt (all the dry ingredients) in a separate bowl. Mix well.

Add the dry-ingredients mixture to the butter/molasses mixture and mix until blended. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for one hour to make the dough more manageable.

Make round dough balls approximately two inches in diameter. Either roll them in sugar to coat the cookie, or place them directly on a greased cookie sheet, 2 to 3 inches apart. If you like the flat crisper cookies like I do, like the picture, press down the mounded cookies with a flat bottom glass or something with the bottom dipped in sugar each time.

Bake for 8 to 11 minutes, depending on the level of crispness you prefer.

Remove from the oven. Let the cookies rest on the cookie sheet for one minute. Then remove the cookies to a cooling rack. Makes 24 to 36 cookies depending on cookie size.

Store with a piece of bread to maintain cookie softness, as if they'll last long enough to need it. :mrgreen:

I've been wanting some more molasses cookies for a while now so I decided to make some. No other real food around so I couldn't go wrong. Also, I wanted to reiterate the ease of making great edibles with GD with no marijuana taste.

For this recipe I used 2 tablespoons of my pre-made cannabutter, one fluid ounce and it will make 2 dozen large, 2 dose cookies. I added that portion to the remaining regular butter to make the amount for the recipe. For an even better outcome, I added a little less than a half fl oz of honey elixir to the molasses just because I could and I had it. Double Whammy.

Tips:
You can substitute cannasugar for some of the sugar in the recipe to the desired potency as either your main infusion carrier or as what I call a "double whammy" in addition to the cannabutter. Infused honey or agave nectar can also be added to the sugar mixture as a boost. ;)
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Re: Homemade Canna-Molasses Cookies

Post by GrowTutor »

Sweet...literally. :)

How's your arm healing?
PsychedelicSam
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by PsychedelicSam »

:think: Surgery on the 31st.
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

Sneak some cookies in for recovery. :D

We'll pray for you man...
Happyweedz
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by Happyweedz »

Awww man!!! Those look and sound great!! I can almost smell em cooking!

I'm chopping something tomorrow!!! Sick of being without material to play with on the weekends...

Good luck with the surgery Sam...thoughts and prayers are with ya bud!!

Happy
"Fill it, Light it, Shut-up & Close the door!"
40Yearsmoker
GrowTutor Prospect

Post by 40Yearsmoker »

I can taste these cookies just by reading the recipe.
This is a must do IMHO
I will infuse the sugar and the butter for these bad boys...Can you say "double whammy"? yummm yummm