Infused Agave Nectar Elixir- Dragon Style

GrowTutor members and staff share recipes for yummy cannabis edibles.
PsychedelicSam
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Infused Agave Nectar Elixir- Dragon Style

Post by PsychedelicSam »

:) Agave Nectar Elixir

This recipe uses a Green Dragon extraction for the THC source called a solvent transfer instead of a direct extraction from reefer How you make your Dragon is unimportant as long as you have the potency. For those needing a guide, this is the one I use: Green Dragon Extraction

For a lot of people, honey is not an option due to diabetes but they want a sweet elixir other than glycerin. Agave nectar is a relatively new all natural sweetener made from the Blue Agave plant, the same one used to make quality tequilas. It's very sweet but has a low glycemic value that makes it ideal for diabetics. It's just like the honey elixir where potency and bioavailability are concerned. I don't particularly like the taste of the nectar straight since I'm used to honey but it's not real bad. Tastes somewhat like sulfur molasses. Easy to make though.

1) Because I only wanted to make a small amount, I used my mug warmer and ceramic coffee mug. It took longer that way but I was in no hurry. I used 1 fluid ounce of each.
Solvent Transfer to Agave Nectar1.jpg
Solvent Transfer to Agave Nectar1.jpg (109.02 KiB) Viewed 17112 times
2) Just toss them together into the coffee cup and place on the warmer and walk away. Come back occasionally to swirl the cup around. This took 4-5 hours because of the low heat option. A double boiler or hot water bath would do it much quicker.
Solvent Transfer to Agave Nectar2.jpg
Solvent Transfer to Agave Nectar2.jpg (99.24 KiB) Viewed 17112 times
3) Solvent transfer complete. 1 fluid ounce of Agave Elixir.
Solvent Transfer to Agave Nectar3.jpg
Solvent Transfer to Agave Nectar3.jpg (102.75 KiB) Viewed 17112 times
4) Bottle it up and you're done! It can be used in recipes, in drinks, under the tongue and any other way you can think of and pretty much anywhere a syrup is called for. You could pour it on pancakes if you want. :)
Solvent Transfer to Agave Nectar4.jpg
Solvent Transfer to Agave Nectar4.jpg (100.29 KiB) Viewed 17112 times
SisterMaryElephant
GrowTutor Site Admin

Re: Infused Agave Nectar Elixir- Dragon Style

Post by SisterMaryElephant »

Very nice! What's the dosage on that 1oz/1oz mix?

How's your arm healing? :?:
I also run a medical grow consulting business in SoCal.
PsychedelicSam
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by PsychedelicSam »

SisterMaryElephant » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:17 am wrote:Very nice! What's the dosage on that 1oz/1oz mix?

How's your arm healing? :?:
Like the other Dragon products, it will depend on the potency but dosage would be a few drops to a ml. Because the viscosity is different with the Dragon tincture and the honey and agave, a few drops of the tincture might equal a half dropper of agave. But for a general idea, I get about 50 excellent doses per ounce.

The arm is still there but not usable at all for a few more weeks. :)
FCG-Frank
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by FCG-Frank »

What is your take on using sativa vs indica strains for GD extractions? Their cannabinoid profiles being different, do you have a preference?
PsychedelicSam
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by PsychedelicSam »

Indica dominant is what I recommend at first because it's more noticeable. Sativas are a bit more subtle due to the difference in properties, cerebral and energetic versus body and couchlock. A lot of people confuse the tincture buzz of Sativas with just a feeling of overall well being with a bit of energy and clear mindedness they don't associate with cannabis, so they just think they're feeling really good. I only recommend a high ratio Sativa to Sativa gourmets. Not everyone has a choice, though. For an all purpose potent and pleasurable effect I prefer a 50/50 hybrid + or - 10% then I'll change strains for the effects I look for. I have about 10 different bottles of GD in the fridge from straight, speedy Sativa through a whole range all the way to full Indica. I mix and match for the effects I want and then make my edibles and elixirs. :nod: