Apple Pie Extradinaire

GrowTutor members and staff share delicious recipes and more.
Happyweedz
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Re: Apple Pie Extradinaire

Post by Happyweedz »

Hahahaha, thanx for the heads up...I figured it would bubble out, so the foil was a lousy attempt to keep it from getting messy...I do have TWO cookie sheets on a rack directly below the foil. But even at that the mix is bubbling out and burning to the foil and pan making my smoke alarm go off....but even the smoke smells good!!! Hahahahaha

I think I will be glad to have a self cleaning oven when all my holiday cooking is done...LOL

The pie plates I use are the "deep dish" style, so they are about 3/4" deeper than standard...and that was all the apples I had. Too many for one pie, but barely enough for two... :(

Plus, a confession....I cheated!! I bought the pre-made Pilsbury pie dough...and they barely covered what I had....
"Fill it, Light it, Shut-up & Close the door!"
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

Great, now I want pie a la mode... :D
PsychedelicSam
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by PsychedelicSam »

Happyweedz » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:04 pm wrote:Hahahaha, thanx for the heads up...I figured it would bubble out, so the foil was a lousy attempt to keep it from getting messy...I do have TWO cookie sheets on a rack directly below the foil. But even at that the mix is bubbling out and burning to the foil and pan making my smoke alarm go off....but even the smoke smells good!!! Hahahahaha

I think I will be glad to have a self cleaning oven when all my holiday cooking is done...LOL

The pie plates I use are the "deep dish" style, so they are about 3/4" deeper than standard...and that was all the apples I had. Too many for one pie, but barely enough for two... :(

Plus, a confession....I cheated!! I bought the pre-made Pilsbury pie dough...and they barely covered what I had....
Too bad about the crust. That's the most important part of this pie, but they'll still be good. The crust is what takes it from a B+ to an A+. :)
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

The fact that he made them for his family brings them back up to A+ in my book... :D
PsychedelicSam
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by PsychedelicSam »

GrowTutor » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:53 pm wrote:The fact that he made them for his family brings them back up to A+ in my book... :D
Can't argue with that!

Merry Christmas!
xmassantatrophy.jpg
xmassantatrophy.jpg (36.33 KiB) Viewed 18810 times
Happyweedz
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by Happyweedz »

Well GT, if you pick Sam up on the way, he has an ice cream maker!!! And I hear he has a killer ice cream recipe....LOL Oh, and grab Rky too! That could make for a pleasant ride over to the EAST coast. :shock: ..and maybe after some pie we could have a chop & trim party, if timed right... :D

I made one pie for after dinner with my Mom & son, and the other for friends that may drop by in the next days, so I will have plenty!! So come on!!

Family & Friends....that's what it's all about!!

Merry Christmas Friends!

Happy
Heisenberg
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by Heisenberg »

Done right Happy, plenty of butter evident ;) clearly visible through the crust
PsychedelicSam
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by PsychedelicSam »

Happyweedz » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:50 pm wrote:Well GT, if you pick Sam up on the way, he has an ice cream maker!!! And I hear he has a killer ice cream recipe....LOL Oh, and grab Rky too! That could make for a pleasant ride over to the EAST coast. :shock: ..and maybe after some pie we could have a chop & trim party, if timed right... :D

I made one pie for after dinner with my Mom & son, and the other for friends that may drop by in the next days, so I will have plenty!! So come on!!

Family & Friends....that's what it's all about!!

Merry Christmas Friends!

Happy
How were the pies, Happy? :)
Happyweedz
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by Happyweedz »

Hey Sam!! Hope you are on the mend...

The pies were well received! I took one to my Mom's for Christmas dinner, and left the rest of that pie for her & her friend. The other pie we shared with firends that stopped by during the holidays...and ALL loved it!

Great recipe!

As you know Sam, I am anxiously awaiting some more material so I can try out some of the new things you have come up with!! LOL

Happy