Nice Summer...

Take off your muddy boots and gardening gloves and join us here to talk about things that aren't gardening related.
Music, movies, food, weather, vacations, kids, grandkids, pets and just about anything else.
Please keep politics, religion and sex out of this forum so we don't start needless fights and hard feelings.
SisterMaryElephant
GrowTutor Site Admin

Nice Summer...

Post by SisterMaryElephant »

I don't know about where you live but this has been a very mild summer here. All of July and August (so far) has been in the mid 70s to mid 80s with only a day or two in the high 80s. Typically this is the hottest part of the year and we'd be in the 90s/100s for part of it, not that I'm complaining. I'm just wondering if summer is coming late or if we're going to have a cold winter to go with the mild summer.

How's it been where you are?
I also run a medical grow consulting business in SoCal.
Happyweedz
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Re: Nice Summer...

Post by Happyweedz »

Here, we have had a rainy cool summer. We only had a handful of days that temps hit md 90s. Usually we have several days that temps hit 100, this summer we have had none.

Unless we have an Indian summer, I think we could be in for a colder winter...

Happy
"Fill it, Light it, Shut-up & Close the door!"
SisterMaryElephant
GrowTutor Site Admin

Post by SisterMaryElephant »

I sure HOPE that we don't have an overly cold winter but I find SoCal is even too cold for me sometimes. :D

(Sorry, I didn't notice the post awaiting moderation, you should have PM'd me... )
I also run a medical grow consulting business in SoCal.
Happyweedz
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by Happyweedz »

No prob.....I am patient...sometimes...lol

But along the lines of the cold weather to come....I woke up cold this AM!! I went into my grow room to warm up...and it started me wondering something...

With lights on my room runs 81-85 with lights on and 73-76 during dark periods. Currently my exhaust pulls about 650 cfm of air through a carbon filter and pumps it up into the attic.

Would it be crazy for me to think I could buy some flex duct and a wall grate... Then pipe that warm air to the other end of the house and get some use out of that heat created in my grow room??

Does/has anyone done this? Any thoughts on this?

Happy
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

Absolutely, but don't expect it to work as well for the whole house as it does for the small grow room. ;)

Don't do it while you're supplementing CO2 either; CO2 is for plants not people...
Happyweedz
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by Happyweedz »

No, I wouldn't expect a huge difference from it...just as a way to sort of reap a seasonal benefit(Possibly reduce power bill a little) from the heat created in my room...

I have not stepped up to CO2 yet....still trying to get the basic grow skills first.....

Excluding my salvage grow, what would you think of my restart from seed, to end with a couple healthy Mothers being your first grow journal???

Happy!
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

Sure, journals are always welcome here. That's what GrowTutor is all about, helping people learn to grow and hanging out with other growers! :D
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

Im already cold, I hate it when it gets below 70...brrrrrrr.
Happyweedz
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by Happyweedz »

Could be worse....

For the last several days we have had a cold front moving down from Canada, making it unusually cold....couple of nights down in the 30s....and it sux! Supposed to be warming back up starting today... We will be back in the 70s this week... ;)

Happy
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

Yeah I was cold in the Army, I don't ever want to be cold again. ;)

It's supposed to get up to the high 70's today but it's not there yet. We're expecting a day or two of rain but after that it's high 60s to low 70s (daytime highs not the night time lows) for a week or so. Winter doesn't even officially start until the end of Dec.

I plan on gong to that growers expo today and I'll take pictures this time, if I remember once I get there. Most will go here, a few will go to FB and Twitter and a couple to the other forum. ;)