Organizing grow area

Ask GrowTutor members & staff about how to design and setup your indoor grow room.
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Re: Organizing grow area

Post by GrowTutor »

Yes, in the HD here at least. They'd be with the fencing. They may have to order them if they're not in stock.

Here's the 6x6
Here's the 5x5 in black
Here's the cheaper 5x5

They also have square end caps that you can use to seal the ends and then you can tap those with regular PVC pipe that you can get anywhere.
FCG-Frank
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by FCG-Frank »

Fencing is a seasonal item here so I doubt I will be able to find them in stock anywhere. Waiting time + shipping isn't attractive, not to mention THE PRICE. They insane? 113$ for 8 feet of ABS lol

I'll just buy the pipe and borrow my father's bench drill to make the holes for the sprayers.
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

The cheaper 5x5 is more reasonable and only slightly smaller but a lot of people use round pipe too so it is up to you... ;)
Happyweedz
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by Happyweedz »

Nope, you won't find them with plumbing... In my HD they are on an aisle (wood fencing) in the lumber area of the store.
"Fill it, Light it, Shut-up & Close the door!"
rkymtnman
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by rkymtnman »

have you thought about using the cloners as your growing device? what if you got one cloner filled up with 48, put it in the bloom tent, 4 weeks later put your second cloner in the bloom tent.
if you had a third cloner, you could have it ready to go when the first batch is done. than you are always rotating 48 plants into the bloom tent every 4 weeks or so. and it's easier to get 48 clones at a time vs 96.

i'd stick with dwc. less things to go wrong IMO. if you lose a pump or power goes out, plants in aero are going to be hurting. if the roots are in water in dwc, you have a much better chance of survival if things go wrong.

i'm leaning towards a solis tek HID ballast too. did you get the matrix? or just the regular 1000 ? what price did you pay if you don't mind me asking and where did you get it?
thanks, RKY
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

I'm not sure that there would be enough room between cloning sites to use the cloner as a veg/flower container.

He could build a *DWC table that would work but he'd still be in the same boat. If an air-pump or circulating pump dies, it can cause problems depending on how long it goes unnoticed. For SOG, I think I'd go ebb&flow, NFT, aero and then *DWC. I think I might be doing a mini-sog, ebb&flow grow to test that SF200w (FC) light that CLW gave me after I try a veggie grow to test my back. ;)

If you're not going for the Matrix ballast I might not even go with Solis-Tek. That matrix ballast is sweet.
rkymtnman
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by rkymtnman »

i think the 48 site cloner is about 2x2. and frank has a 4x4 tent. so 2 would fit. you'd have to do something similar to get 96 plants in a 4x4 area anyway.

and isn't the cloner aero based? after the roots are decent, you could just add some airstones and convert it to a dwc and turn off the aero stuff.

i was just thinking it would be easy to tote 48 babies around in one unit. carry it from the veg tent right into the bloom tent.

i'm curious if he got the matrix and what he paid. i think he's in canada and i was curious on price diff in us v canada.
thanks, RKY
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

The cloner may fit but cloner plant spacing is often much denser than typical SOG spacing. That could depend on his cloners though...

It could be aero or bubbler based...

Swapping the light would probably be easier than moving the whole cloner but as long as the roots aren't tangled he could just move the plants too. ;)
Happyweedz
GrowTutor VIP Member
GrowTutor VIP Member

Post by Happyweedz »

Rky,

I have Aero-type cloners...2 of a 36 site model....if this is the type you are talking about...

I think they are 2" foam collars, and they are spaced only about 3/16" between.
100_4683.jpg
100_4683.jpg (548.85 KiB) Viewed 21108 times
Happy
"Fill it, Light it, Shut-up & Close the door!"
GrowTutor
Professor A. GrowTutor

Post by GrowTutor »

With that spacing you'd have around 25 plants/sqft...too dense.

Also, by time a plant was ready for harvest the foam collar wouldn't be able to support it so it'd probably fall through the hole or fall over. :(